Monday, September 08, 2008

Who Dunnit?

Sunday Sept 7, 2008
My immigrant neighbour stood on my doorstep holding up Nettie's wallet. "Does this belong to you guys? I found it laying on the grass in front of my house." I took it and opened it. It was Netties wallet..minus the cash and the credit card. We'd forgotten it in the van, along with some groceries that had been picked up Saturday evening. The van had been parked right up in front of our garage (under a motion light). As we searched the boulevard we found Nettie's drivers license and citizenship papers as well as an envelope with the name of one of our neighbours on it. When we told him about it his eyes were wide. It had been an empty envelope that night, but the night before it'd been left in the truck...with a few thousand dollars in it. So, they got away with around $35 and never used our credit card before we cancelled it. It leaves us more curious than mad...who dunnit? We keep looking at any teen or biker who goes by and wonder "was it him?". I suppose we'll never know.

No comments: